Curso online: Lancaster (Reino Unido), 28/09/2015- 22/11/ 2015
Offers practical introduction to the methodology of corpus linguistics for researchers in social sciences and humanities.
The course aims to:
- Demonstrate that corpus approaches to social science can offer valuable insight into social reality by investigating the use and manipulation of language in society.
- Equip social scientists with skills necessary for collecting and analysing large digital collections of text (corpora).
- Provide educational support for those who want to use the corpus method.
- Demonstrate the use of corpus linguistics in the humanities, especially History.
- Give a sense of the incredibly wide uses that corpora have been put to.
- Allow those with an interest in language, who have not heard of the corpus approach before, a new way of looking at language.
Free online course
Duration: 8 weeks
3 hours pw
Anthony McEnery null Del 28 de septiembre al 22 de noviembre de 2015