The faculty are seeking to appoint to a temporary (fixed-term from 1 October 2015 to 30 June 2016) Lector in Spanish.
The appointee will be responsible for planning and delivering language teaching within the sub-faculty, including marking work and participating in oral examinations. They will give classes in the written and the oral use of Spanish (including translation classes) up to a maximum of 12 hours a week in each week of each term (0.8FTE).
Applicants should be fluent in Spanish to native speaker level, have been recently resident, studying or travelling in a Spanish-speaking country with a good understanding of the cultural context of the country and its language, have a good command of written and spoken English. They should have experience of teaching Spanish at an appropriate level, plus experience of teaching translation and writing skills. They should possess an undergraduate degree primarily taught in Spanish.
Please do not upload additional documents (e.g. copies of qualifications) along with your application materials. Further particulars (which all applicants must consult) are available below.
The closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on Wednesday 5 August 2015.
The Lector is responsible for planning and delivering language teaching within the sub-Faculty, including marking work and participating in oral examinations.
- to give classes in the written and the oral use of Spanish (including translation classes) up to a maximum of 12 hours a week in each week of each term;
- to participate in a two-day intensive course once a year at the beginning or end of a vacation;
- to regularly set, mark and grade students’ work during the academic year;
- to take part as an assessor or additional examiner in oral examinations;
- to provide reports on attendance and progress for tutors on students' work twice a term as required;
- to carry out some administrative duties in the sub-faculty as required In addition to the duties above, individual posts may, as at present, require other reasonable duties appropriate to the grade.
- be fluent in Spanish equivalent to native speaker level;
- have been recently resident, studying or travelling (for a significant period) in a Spanish-speaking country with a good understanding of the cultural context of the country and its language (including current colloquialisms);
- have a good command of written and spoken English;
- have experience of teaching Spanish language at an appropriate level, together with an interest in working with a range of modern techniques of language teaching;
- have experience in teaching translation (from English into Spanish);
- have experience teaching writing skills in Spanish at an advanced level;
- have experience of using a range of media in a teaching context;
- possess an undergraduate degree (primarily taught in Spanish) incorporating language, linguistics, and literature.
Please note: It will not be possible to secure a Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship for this post, so individuals will need to be able to have or secure their own right to work in the UK.
- a university qualification in modern languages or language teaching.
Fecha límite para la presentación de candidaturas: hasta el 5 de agosto de 2015
Forma de envío de la candidatura