The role of the Junior Linguist is to annotate and review linguistic data in Spanish (Mexico). The Junior Linguist will also contribute to a number of other tasks to improve natural language processing.
The tasks include:
- Annotating and reviewing linguistic data
- Labeling text with semantic, syntactic and morphological features
- Annotating lexicon entries according to guidelines
- Evaluating current system outputs
- Deriving NLP data for new and on-going projects
- Native speaker of Spanish (Mexico) and fluent in English
- Experience in annotation work
- Knowledge of semantics, syntax, morphology or lexicography
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Degree in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts; learn in-house tools
- Keen interest in technology and computer-literate
6-9 months (with potential for extension).
This is not a permanent position but a full-time contract position.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter in English (PDF format preferred) with "Junior Linguist [Spanish(Mexico)]" in the subject line.