A free online course on corpus linguistics. The course provides lectures, discussion topics, software, readings, assessments and on-line support to introduce you to corpus linguistics. The course is hosted by Tony McEnery of Lancaster University and there are contributions from a wide range of researchers, both linguists and non-linguists, exploring the use of corpora in the study of language. The course has a particular focus on the study of language in relation to society. The language of the course is English.
The course aims to:
- Demonstrate that corpus approaches to social science can offer valuable insight into social reality by investigating the use and manipulation of language in society.
- Equip social scientists with skills necessary for collecting and analysing large digital collections of text (corpora).
- Provide educational support for those who want to use the corpus method.
- Demonstrate the use of corpus linguistics in the humanities, especially History.
- Give a sense of the incredibly wide uses that corpora have been put to.
- Allow those with an interest in language, who have not heard of the corpus approach before, a new way of looking at language.
Correo e.: email@example.com
null null Del 29 de septiembre al 21 de diciembre de 2014